Dates: July 9–August 3, 2018
The Institute for Public-Private Partnerships, A Tetra Tech Company (IP3), and the SADC Banking Association are pleased to offer a three-week intensive training program on Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Project Officers Management Skills Development. This program has been developed with financial support from the Banking Association of South Africa and the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA).
The course will provide individuals responsible for identifying, developing, and monitoring PPP projects (often referred to as PPP project officers) with appropriate skills to manage and administer specific PPP project opportunities and programs for their organization.
PPP project officers are tasked with ensuring a PPP project happens on time, within budget, and to the required standards. The program focuses on specific elements that PPP implementers and practitioners need to effectively build and manage the right PPP team, manage the overall PPP process, and get to contract or transaction closure.
- Evaluating the roles, responsibilities, and management skills requirements of the PPP project officer during:
- Project inception and feasibility
- The procurement process
- Project development, delivery, and exit
- Analyzing SADC and international case studies on successfully managing PPP projects
- Engaging in online group discussions with participants from the SADC region and around the globe
- Creating a detailed, personalized strategic PPP management checklist