Dates: June 4-15, 2018
Location: Washington, DC
The PPP Project Management and Implementation course, developed by the Institute for Public-Private Partnerships, A Tetra Tech Company (IP3), will teach participants how to plan and prepare for managing and monitoring public-private partnership (PPP) contracts after they are signed. Participants will also be able to prepare contract management plans and develop and manage procedures for monitoring and reviewing PPP project performance.
This course will address the implementation issues that may be encountered in PPPs. The discussion will focus on the role of the project implementation unit, the development and execution of a project implementation plan, the tracking and updating of the project risk profile, and the ongoing validation of value for money (VfM) parameters.
- By successfully completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the importance of PPP contract management and performance monitoring
- Analyze and choose which PPP contract management option will work best for a project from an organizational, technical, financial, and legal perspective
- Assess and evaluate requests to renegotiate PPP contracts
- Monitor the project and use of KPIs
- Create a project administration plan
- Establish an effective project monitoring system
- Utilize outside experts and advisors during the implementation phase
- Manage communications with the project company or concessionaire
- Develop evaluation and communication strategies for securing stakeholder feedback
- Design a detailed, strategic PPP action plan to apply learning outcomes on the job