Dates: December 2-13, 2019
Location: Washington, DC
Financial Analysis Techniques is focused on the financing of long-term infrastructure, industrial projects and public services based upon a non-recourse or limited recourse financial structure. Project debt and equity used to finance the project are paid back from cash flows generated by the project. In most developing markets, project fi nance is the preferred financial structure because the financing is limited- or non-recourse to the government.
Financial Analysis Techniques for Infrastructure Projects is designed for investment professionals and fi nancial analysts. The course focuses on understanding the practical techniques, skills, and spreadsheet models needed to analyze, structure, and negotiate successful project-backed financings.
Participants will learn eff ective financial model design techniques through analyzing case studies of project financing models, and participating in role-playing simulations. Instructors focus on teaching participants how to design and structure project financing models, how to review them, and how to strengthen and negotiate project financings.
- Analyze fundamental structures of limited-recourse project financing vs. corporate and sovereign financing techniques
- Demonstrate how to design, set-up, and effectively label spreadsheet models for project financings
- Structure key technical and financial statements within project financing models
- Assess project “bankability” under financial and fiscal diff erent conditions
- Demonstrate an understanding of key financial concepts used by project finance investors, lenders, and analysts
- Describe comprehensive risk analysis and assessment from various perspectives
- Discuss key project finance contracts and documentation