Dates: July 30 - August 10, 2018
Location: Washington, DC
This course on Project Finance Fundamentals and Financial Analysis Techniques is designed to assist investment professionals and financial analysts in gaining an understanding of the fundamentals of project finance. With this course, the Institute for Public-Private Partnerships, A Tetra Tech Company (IP3), will provide practical techniques, enhance skills, and increase the participant’s ability to analyze, structure, negotiate, and ultimately complete successful project-backed financings.
Participants will learn the basics of how to design and structure project financing models, how to review and critique project financing structures, and how to strengthen the structures of, and effectively participate in, the negotiation of financings. The course will present an overview of a typical project finance structure, effective financial model design techniques, project finance case studies, and role-playing simulations to analyze and negotiate project financings.
- By successfully completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Compare the fundamental structures of limitedrecourse project financing versus corporate and sovereign financing techniques
- Design, set-up, and effectively label spreadsheet models for project financings
- Structure key technical and financial statements within project financing models: demand projections, capital investments, financing sources, etc.
- Assess project bankability under financial and fiscal different conditions
- Understand key financial concepts used by project finance investors, lenders, and analysts
- Carry out comprehensive risk analyses and assessments from various perspectives
- Develop familiarity with key project finance contracts and documentation