Dates: October 22–November 3, 2018
Location: Washington, DC
In this course titled Advanced Project Finance Financial Modeling, the Institute for Public-Private Partnerships, A Tetra Tech Company (IP3) focuses exclusively on the techniques of building, interpreting, and analyzing a financial model using MS Excel®. The development and analysis of financial models are an essential component of a public-private partnership (PPP) and project finance transaction. Financial models are necessary to evaluate the economics of a project, for negotiations among stakeholders, and are a key component of the final documentation.
While the development and analysis of project finance models are often delegated to external financial advisors, this course, which builds upon the introductory and intermediate project finance financial modeling courses, is intended to provide the required tools to develop bankable project finance models consistent with international best practices.
- By successfully completing this course, participants will
be able to:
- Describe the purpose and scope of project financial models (i.e. what a financial model is and why project stakeholders need it)
- Identify the financial model’s key outputs and calculate them
- Construct a fully-flexible financial model inclusive of key model building blocks
- Design funding sheets with debt financing
- Construct pro-forma financial statements
- Construct macros that are instrumental for models
- Construct a model dashboard
- Describe how financial model building blocks are linked to each other
- Manage assumptions in a financial model to affect results
- Design, set-up, and effectively label spreadsheet models for project financings