Dates:July 10-21, 2017
Location: Washington, DC
This course on Project Finance Fundamentals and Financial Analysis Techniques is designed to assist investment professionals and financial analysts in gaining an understanding of the fundamentals of project finance. With this course, the Institute for Public-Private Partnerships, A Tetra Tech Company (IP3), will provide practical techniques, enhance skills, and increase the participant’s ability to analyze, structure, negotiate, and ultimately complete successful project-backed financings.
Participants will learn the basics of how to design and structure project financing models, how to review and critique project financing structures, and how to strengthen the structures of, and effectively participate in, the negotiation of financings. The course will present an overview of a typical project finance structure, effective financial model design techniques, project finance case studies, and roleplaying simulations to analyze and negotiate project financings.
- Comparing the fundamental structures of limitedrecourse project financing versus corporate and sovereign financing techniques.
- Designing, setting-up, and effectively labeling spreadsheet models for project financings.
- Understanding how to structure key technical and financial statements within project financing models
- Understanding how to structure key technical and financial statements within project financing models.
- Planning and designing sensitivity analyses on key project financing variables to assess project bankability.