Dates: April 27-May 15, 2020
Without systematic and comprehensive ﬁ nancial planning, review, and analysis, project developers and owners cannot assess the bankability and viability of a project. In this IP3 course titled, Building and Analyzing Financial Models I, we focus exclusively on the techniques of building, interpreting, and analyzing a project ﬁnancial model using MS Excel®.
The structure of this course is unlike any other that IP3 oﬀ ers, as the focus each day is on learning certain ﬁnancing and accounting techniques, and practicing those techniques in an on-going project case study.
Each day, the IP3 ﬁnancial modeling facilitator will build additional elements into the ﬁnancial model. By the end of the course, participants will not only understand all key accounting and ﬁnancial terms and how to use them, but will have applied them to a simulated PPP project model.
- Identify the key accounting and ﬁ nance terms and concepts used in ﬁ nancial models
- Develop best practices and shortcuts for spreadsheet modeling
- Determine the key input variables to an infrastructure ﬁ nancing spreadsheet
- Integrate and link key ﬁ nancial statements including the proﬁ t and loss, balance sheet, and cash ﬂ ow waterfall into a ﬁnancial model
- Build a capital expenditure worksheet that details the timing and amounts of capex including interest capitalized during construction