Dates: July 8-August 2, 2019
The Institute for Public-Private Partnerships, A Tetra Tech Company (IP3), and the SADC Banking Association are pleased to offer a three-week intensive training program on Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Management Skills for Project Officers.
This course has been developed with financial support from the Banking Association of South Africa and the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA). It provides an overview of management skills needed by individuals responsible for identifying, developing, and monitoring PPP projects, i.e. PPP Project Officers.
PPP Project Officers are tasked with ensuring that a PPP project happens on time, within budget, and to the required standards. This course focuses on specific elements that PPP implementers and practitioners need to effectively build and manage the right PPP team, manage the overall PPP process, and get to contract or transaction closure.
- Evaluate the roles, responsibilities, and required management skills of the PPP Project Officer during:
- Project inception and feasibility
- The procurement process
- Project development, delivery, and exit
- Analyze SADC and other international case studies on how to successfully manage PPP projects
- Discuss the role of PPP Project Officers in managing conflicts and disputes
- Create a detailed, personalized strategic PPP management checklist