Dates: April 8-19, 2019
Location: Washington, DC
Without systematic and comprehensive fi nancial planning, review, and analysis, project developers and owners cannot assess the bankability and viability of a project. In this IP3 course titled, Building and Analyzing Financial Models I, we focus exclusively on the techniques of building, interpreting, and analyzing a project fi nancial model using MS Excel®.
The structure of this course is unlike any other that IP3 off ers, as the focus each day is on learning certain fi nancing and accounting techniques, and practicing those techniques in an on-going project case study. Each day, the IP3 fi nancial modeling facilitator will build additional elements into the financial model. By the end of the course, participants will not only understand all key accounting and financial terms and how to use them, but will have applied them to a simulated PPP project model.
- Identify the key accounting and finance terms and concepts used in financial models
- Develop best practices and shortcuts for spreadsheet modeling
- Determine the key input variables to an infrastructure financing spreadsheet
- Integrate and link key financial statements including the profit and loss, balance sheet, and cash flow waterfall into a financial model
- Develop a funding worksheet that helps determine the debt capacity of a project
- Develop and interpret key output worksheets which summarize the profitability measures (NPV and IRR) and various debt service cover ratios (DSCR)
- Perform key sensitivity and scenario analyses to determine how robust the project is under a range of downside assumptions
- Create a comprehensive financial model and present/ defend the financing viability to experts and your peers