Dates: November 11-15
Location: American University in Dubai, Dubai, UAE
The objective of the PPP Strategies and Project Structuring Techniques course is to provide participants with a comprehensive overview of PPP procurement and project structuring. This course will cover key topics, such as the defi nition and rationale of the PPP procurement option; prefeasibility and screening processes; financial and contractual planning; procurement, negotiation, and monitoring procedures; and institutional requirements. The course will also off er an introduction to the financial aspects of project structuring, including project finance and the core elements of PPP bankability.
This course is an introduction to the basic policy and institutional issues involved in PPP procurement and project design and is required for more advanced training in this field.
- Describe how to design, implement, and monitor a PPP program
- Determine value for money (VfM) and design a public sector comparator model to evaluate PPP options
- Describe how to perform project screening and selection
- Analyze case study experiences in structuring bankable PPP deals
- Evaluate risk identifi cation, mitigation, and allocation among parties involved in a PPP project
- Evaluate key issues in PPP contract design