Dates: March 13 - 24, 2017
Location: Washington, DC
Regulatory Impact Analysis (RIA) is a methodological approach to critically assessing the positive and negative components of proposed and existing regulations and non-regulatory alternatives. It is an important element of an evidence-based approach to policy making. OECD analysis shows that conducting RIA within an appropriate systematic framework can underpin the capacity of governments to ensure that regulations are efficient and effective in a changing and complex world.
This course, designed by the Institute for Public-Private Partnerships, A Tetra Tech Company (IP3), will assist policy makers, regulators, and the business community to design and conduct effective analyses. Through case studies of actual RIAs, including context and results, and action planning, participants in this program will learn how to form the legal and policy framework for RIAs and conduct RIAs in their own countries and organizations.
- Understanding why governments around the world are quickly adopting the RIA methodology in evaluating the impact of laws, rules, and regulations on their business climates.
- Becoming familiar with models and guidelines for RIA in Europe, the United States, and around the world.
- Learning from global case study experiences on what makes for successful implementation of RIA processes and procedures.
- Developing checklists to conduct regulatory impact reviews and communication programming with businesses and other stakeholders.
- Creating a detailed, strategic RIA action plan.