Dates: March 1 - April 21, 2017
Setting rates is a critical function of regulators and utilities and a key factor in the success of utility operations. The Institute for Public-Private Partnerships, A Tetra Tech Company (IP3), offers this introductory online training course, Fundamentals of Utility Tariffs: Determining Revenue Needs and Structuring Rates, to address these important issues. Participants explore rate development and setting strategies and policies, as well as examples that illustrate how rates are calculated in different sectors and countries.
This course contains six modules conducted over a six-week period of time. Participants complete reading assignments, analyze case studies, actively participate in discussion boards and chat rooms with fellow participants and instructors, and complete an action plan
Participants need access to a computer with internet connectivity. Course work is approximately 5 to 6 hours per module.
- Understanding principles of developing rates
- Analyzing financial analysis techniques
- Evaluating the process of determining revenue needs for infrastructure services from the regulatory perspective
- Studying principles behind designing rates
- Analyzing emerging trends in tariff setting and utility finance
- Engaging in online group discussions with peers and experts from around the globe
- Creating a detailed, personalized strategic action plan to help you apply learning outcomes on the job